Readers are encouraged to comment on blogposts and politely express their opinion. Commenters may agree or disagree with some or all of what is written, so long as they remain reasonably civil. In order to foster the desired tone of discussion, please bear in mind the following guidelines.
PROHIBITED IN THE COMMENTS SECTION:
· Personal attacks against posters. Posters are considered guests. Criticism about the way posters conduct the discussion is fine. Derogatory comments about their person or their lives offline is not. Judgement about what is considered a “personal attack” is at my sole discretion.
· Off-topic posts. Comments must be germane to the discussion and posters must appear to want to engage in the discussion. If they appear to be posting solely for the purpose of advancing their own agenda, their post may not be published.
· Trolling, i.e. inflammatory or derogatory statements posted for the sake of provoking a strong reaction.
· Flame wars or on-going personal disputes.
· Hostile messages
· Any message that, in my judgement, may lead to a hostile discussion environment.
· Arguments over moderation policies or decisions.
· Vulgar Language
· Long excerpts from other websites. A short excerpt and link is sufficient.
JUDGEMENT ABOUT VIOLATIONS ARE PERSONAL AND NOT SUBJECT TO LENGTHY DISCUSSIONS.
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EDIT, CENSOR OR PUBLISH POSTS THAT VIOLATE THESE GUIDELINES.
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PUBLISH OR CENSOR ANY COMMENT FOR ANY REASON AT MY SOLE DISCRETION.
These policies are designed to foster discussions about issues of substance and avoid personality conflicts. I have no interest in your personal grievances against other posters. If you have a problem with a poster, take it to email. If that does not satisfy you, you’re out of luck. If your comments detract from the discussion at hand, expect to be censored.
I accept no responsibility for any bad feeling about what is published or censored in the blogpost or in the comments section. Reader discretion is advised.